You’ve learned how to knit a hat. Now build on those skills and knit a bulky, striped pair of mittens!
In this class you will learn two basic increase stitches to create a thumb gusset, how to place stitches on a yarn holder and how to pick those stitches back up - all to create a pair of adorable striped mittens.
2 - two hour sessions from 2-4 pm - Sundays, February 10 & 24, 2019.
Materials available for purchase at Spry Whimsy
- Mitten yarn kit (you choose a base color and stripe colors) - required from SW
- US 10.5 double pointed needles
- US 9 double pointed needles
- 1 locking stitch marker
- 5 regular or locking stitch markers
- tape measure, ruler or gauge swatch measuring tool
- tapestry needle
- scissors or snips
We don’t require you to purchase all additional materials at our shop for this class, although we appreciate it! If you already have items at home, please bring them.