You’ve learned how to cast on, knit and purl. Now add a few new skills and knit a bulky, striped hat!
In this class you will learn how to knit in the round using double pointed needles, measure gauge, change color to make stripes, read a pattern, and decrease.
3 - two hour sessions from 2-4 pm - Sundays, January 20, 27, and February 3, 2019.
Materials available for purchase at Spry Whimsy
- Hat yarn kit (you choose a base color and stripe colors) - required from SW
- US 10.5 double pointed needles
- US 9 double pointed needles
- 1 locking stitch marker
- 5 regular or locking stitch markers
- tape measure, ruler or gauge swatch measuring tool
- tapestry needle
- scissors or snips
We don’t require you to purchase all additional materials at our shop for this class, although we appreciate it! If you already have items at home, please bring them.